Park of Keir planning decision
Ministers to grant permission in principle.
The Scottish Government intends to grant planning permission in principle for a proposed tennis and golf centre at Park of Keir in Dunblane.
The development will feature 12 tennis courts and a golf academy. It also includes the creation of a hotel, multi-user sports pitch, museum, visitor centre and 19 houses.
Kevin Stewart, the Minister for Local Government and Housing, said:
“Having carefully considered all aspects of the planning report, I am minded to grant planning permission in principle for this development - subject to conditions and the conclusion of a planning obligation.
“I have concluded that the development is of significant regional and national significance. It will bring strong benefits to Scottish sport, helping in the development of elite competitors, while also providing facilities for the community. There will also be economic benefits, both to the local area and more widely.
“The next step is for the planning authority and developer to work together to agree to discharge the planning obligation. Once Scottish Ministers are satisfied, they will then be able to formally grant planning permission for the proposal.”
The planning decision was referred to Scottish ministers following an appeal in March 2016.
Scottish Ministers are minded to grant planning permission in principle subject to:
- Conditions, including a requirement that the residential development should not be occupied until the tennis and golf centre has been built and is available for use.
- Satisfactory conclusion of a planning obligation, i.e. legal agreement between Stirling Council and the developer, which will:
- commit the developer to making contributions to affordable housing and education provision in the area, in line with the council’s supplementary guidance.
- include an agreement that no further residential development will be undertaken on the site.
- set out arrangements to ensure that the sports facilities are accessible to the general public and with a pricing structure that ensures the facilities are affordable.