Refreshed plan for economic growth
New website among range of actions.
A new website which makes it easier for businesses to get information and support is one of the measures in a refreshed Economic Action Plan for Scotland.
Findbusinesssupport.gov.scot contains hundreds of products, services and events from Scotland’s enterprise and skills agencies, and will be further developed to host content from across Scotland’s public sector.
The new site is one of the commitments in the refreshed plan, which will be launched by Economy Secretary Derek Mackay at a business breakfast in Edinburgh. The plan also includes:
• leading the transition to a net-zero economy
• transforming public sector support for businesses
• the Scottish National Investment Bank to be operational in 2020
• investing in Scotland’s workforce to make the skills sector more responsive to the needs of the economy, and to help people into the labour market
• establishing the National Manufacturing Institute for Scotland
• increasing infrastructure investment through delivery of the National Infrastructure Mission
• driving growth in the rural economy through targeted support for small and micro businesses
• a focus on growing exports and international investment and attracting global talent
Mr Mackay said:
“The refreshed Economic Action Plan sets out how we will tackle the climate emergency, grow an inclusive economy, and face up to the challenges of Brexit, changing demographics and shifting global circumstances.
“I want to ensure that we continue to support innovation, improve skills and stimulate growth in employment. We must do all this while also contributing towards our ambitious net-zero targets.
“A key part of the plan is the need to make it easier for businesses to get information, advice and support at the right time. That is why Scotland’s enterprise and skills agencies have come together to develop this new website. Findbusinesssupport.gov.scot is a significant step towards transforming the way businesses are supported.”
Findbusinesssupport.gov.scot is a partnership between the Scottish Government, Business Gateway, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, Scottish Enterprise and Skills Development Scotland. Hundreds of companies were engaged in the research, development and testing of the site, and content from other organisations will be added in the coming year.