Common Agricultural Policy roadshow
Opportunity to find out about changes to farm and rural funding.
Farmers and crofters across Scotland will have the opportunity to find out more about the new Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) at a series of Scottish Government roadshows.
From the Northern Isles to the South West of Scotland, and from Benbecula to the Borders, 34 public events – plus another three specifically for agents - will take place between the end of October and the start of December.
At each roadshow, Scottish Government officials will explain how CAP support will be delivered from 2015, and what farmers and crofters need to do to receive CAP funding. Farmers and crofters will then be able to ask questions about the new system.
Rural Affairs Secretary Richard Lochhead said:
“We are about to implement the biggest reform of the Common Agricultural Policy in a generation and, while we have already provided information about the funding system, farmers and crofters will undoubtedly have questions about the practical implications of these changes.
“These roadshows are the ideal opportunity for farmers and crofters to find out about the new CAP which comes into effect on January 1, 2015, as well as what they need to do to receive funding and all of the key dates and deadlines.
“Scottish Government officials will be on hand to answer any questions farmers and crofters may have and to talk through the new system we are introducing to make the transition as smooth as possible.”
Roadshows will take place at the following locations:
- Park Hotel, Thurso, November 3, 2014, 7pm
- Albert Hotel, Kirkwall, November 4, 2014, 7pm
- Shetland Hotel, Lerwick, November 6, 2014, 7pm
- Bettyhill Village Hall, Bettyhill, November 10, 2014, 7.30pm
- Cabarfeidh Hotel, Stornoway, November 10, 2014, 7pm
- Dark Island Hotel, Benbecula, November 11, 2014, 7pm
- Community Centre, Lairg, November 12, 2014, 7.30pm
- Skye Camanachd (Shinty Club), Portree, November 12, 2014, 7pm
- Thistle Hotel, Inverness, November 17, 2014, 7pm
- Community Church Hall, Westray, November 18, 2014, 7.30 pm
- Thainstone Mart, Inverurie, November 18, 2014, 7pm
- Ben Nevis Hotel, Fort William, November 19, 2014, 7pm
- Sanday School, Sanday, November 24, 2014, 7.30pm
- Corran Halls (studio), Oban, November 25, 2014, 2pm
- Grant Arms Hotel, Grantown-on-Spey, November 25, 2014, 7pm
- Park Hotel at Kilmarnock, Ayr, November 26, 2014, 7pm
- Stronsay Hall, Stronsay, November 26, 2014, 7.30pm
- Broadford Village Hall, Skye, November 26, 2014, 7pm
- Lanark Auction Mart, Lanark, November 27, 2014, 7pm
- Borders Union, Kelso, December 2, 2014, 7pm
- Northbay Hall, Isle of Barra, December 2, 2014, 7pm
- Gairloch Community Hall, Gairloch, December 2, 2014, 7pm
- Uyeasound Hall, Unst, December 2, 2014, 6.30pm
- Cairndale Hotel, Dumfries, December 3, 2014, 7pm
- Mid Yell Public Hall, Yell, December 3, 2014, 7pm
- Harris Hotel, Harris, December 3, 2014, 7pm
- The Dewar’s Centre, Perth, December 4, 2014, 7pm
- Green Valley Golf Academy, Stranraer, December 4, 2014, 7pm
- Crown Hotel, Newton Stewart, December 8, 2014, 7pm
- Templar Hall, Tarbert, December 8, 2014, 1pm
- Kingarth Hotel, Isle of Bute, December 9, 2014, 7.30pm
- United Auctions Mart, Stirling, December 9, 2014, 7pm
- Lawrie and Symington Mart, Forfar, December 11, 2014, 7pm
- Kinloch Hotel, Arran, December 11 2014, 7pm
The following roadshows are being held for Agents only:
- Thainstone Mart, Inverurie, October 29, 2014, 12 noon
- Cairndale Hotel, Dumfries, October 30, 2014, 10am
- Scottish Natural Heritage office at Battleby, Perth, October 31, 2014, 12 noon
Attendance is free and there is no need to register in advance.
More information about the new CAP in Scotland is available from the Scottish Government website: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/farmingrural/Agriculture